Welcome

Hi there, It's me Mike. This is an online diary of my life. I write about; day trips & adventures, my life, my opinions (such as music & movies), plus plenty of other things - basically the sort of stuff you would write in a diary!

Follow My Blog :)

Follow

I Met Alfie Deyes (PointlessBlog)!

Friday, August 04, 2017 2 Comments A+ a-


I went to Alfie Deyes' book signing on Tuesday, for the release of his new book, The Pointless Book 3.

I went with my younger sister who also loves Alfie, and my older sister who doesn't have a clue who he is... funny story about that later She came on behalf of my other sister who couldn't make it.

The book signing started at 11:00am, so we arrived at about 10ish. The queue was already massive, but plenty more people still arrived. Just after the signing started the queue started moving along quite fast.
The queue got much bigger than this

At about 11:40 it was finally our turn.

My older sister went first. She didn't have a clue who Alfie was, she came on behalf of my other sister who unfortunately couldn't make it. As the security was telling us all to get our phones ready for them to take a picture, she politley asked "I don't really know who he is, I've come to collect the book for my sister who couldn't make it, is it ok if I get a quick video of him saying hi instead of the photos?" to which they replied with "no!" and yelled down the line "no videos!".

Fair enough. We weren't angry as that is the rules, we were just gutted as my other sister who couldn't make it was missing out.

Instead, they still took her phone and was trying to make her pose for the photos, so she was saying "I don't know him, I've come for my sister, I don't need any photos". Alfie was looking slightly confused why she didn't want any pictures and what was going on.

This is where the funny part comes... she turned to Alfie and said "I don't know who you are..." *Alfie bursts out laughing* "...I've come because my sister couldn't make it, and security said I'm not allowed a video message for her". So then Alfie said "let's do it" and recorded a lovely video message for my sister.
Alfies Reaction haha

The security didn't look happy she was getting her video message. To be honest the security could be a little more pleasant, I understand there has to be rules in place, but you can still be pleasant (Also that isn't a complaint against Alfie - he was great - or his book signing - that was also great. Just the security).

Next it was my turn. This was my first time meeting Alfie, so I was really nervous. I was an awkward mess and didn't really know what to do. But Alfie was really nice. I got my picture and my signed copy of The Pointless Book 3, and he thanked me for coming.

Finally, it was my younger sisters turn. She showed him a picture of our pugs, which he loved. We didn't know this until he got home but he left the picture on the desk for the rest of the signing and some people have posted their selfies and you can see our pugs in some of their photos 😂. He also followed her on Instagram.

And that was the end of the Alfie Deyes book signing. I'm so glad I finally got the chance to meet him. And I just want to say a MASSIVE thank you to Alfie for doing that video message for my sister. She absolutely loved it and made her so happy, and she hopes to get the chance to meet you soon.

Comment below any YouTubers you've met / want to meet
Also, check out my other YouTuber meet-up blogs... Marcus Butler & Tyler Oakley!


---------------------------

Enjoy reading this blog? Make sure you follow on BlogLovin so you know when I publish something new!

Follow


British YouTuber, Vlogger & Blogger!

2 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
4 August 2017 at 19:58 delete

What an interesting post! Was the security taking pictures of people with Alfie, using the people's own phones? I wouldn't like to give my phone over to anyone. Just saying lol.
Nice pictures too, Mike. [BlueSanns]

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
4 August 2017 at 20:06 delete

Yeah the security/staff took the photos on your phone for you

Thanks for reading 😊

Reply
avatar

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. Let me know what you thought in the comments!

Please make sure you do not post any mean or offensive comments. Thank you :)