Welcome

Hi there, It's me Mike. This is an online diary of my life. I write about; day trips & adventures, my life, my opinions (such as music & movies), plus plenty of other things - basically the sort of stuff you would write in a diary!

Follow My Blog :)

Follow

Adele: The Finale Live At Wembley

Thursday, July 20, 2017 2 Comments A+ a-


This time 3 weeks ago, I was standing in front of the circular stage in the centre of Wembley Stadium. I was one of the lucky ones who managed to get tickets for Adele: The Finale Live At Wembley.

Seeing Adele live has been one of my dreams for many years (And after several failed attempts trying to get tickets for her arena tour last year I thought I was never going to), but I'm glad to say my dream has finally come true. And I was not disappointed.

We left the day before the show because Wembley Stadium is a far distance from where I live. A 5-hour drive in fact. So we stayed in a Premier Inn hotel the night before to ensure we weren't stuck in any traffic delays which could have made us miss/late for the show.

On the day of Adele, I was really anxious. I didn't know what to expect. I have never been to Wembley Stadium before, it was my first concert, and there were 98,000 people. All of which made me feel incredibly nervous and unsure. I couldn't even eat anything I was that nervous.

I started queuing from around 4pm, the show didn't start til 8pm, and I was in the standing area for the show, so as you can probably imagine my legs ached - a lot - after standing for most of the day. But it was worth it.

The advantage of being in the standing area and spending many hours in a queue though, I was right near the front of the outer circle stage, so I got plenty of close ups. It was so exciting to finally be there, and be so lucky to be that close.

This was my view. Not zoomed in by the camera. Yes, I really was that close.

I really liked that the stage was a circle in the middle of the stadium. Yes, there were times where she was facing the other way (to the audience on the other side), or on the complete other side of the outer-stage so you couldn't really see her on our side. But when she was near you, she was really, really near you. Plus it gives people at the back a better view instead of being what would feel like miles away if the stage was in the usual spot at the front in such a large venue.

The Setlist:
Hello
Hometown Glory
One and Only
I'll Be Waiting
Rumour Has It
Water Under the Bridge
I Miss You
Skyfall
Don't You Remember
Make You Feel My Love
Send My Love (to Your New Lover)
Sweetest Devotion
Chasing Pavements
Take It All
Set Fire to the Rain

Encore:
When We Were Young
Rolling in the Deep
Someone Like You

Adele, as expected was amazing. From the second the screen lifted up and she started singing 'Hello' to her final song 'Someone Like You' and every song in between was just beautiful.

However, I will mention, I could tell on the night her vocals weren't as usual. I could tell she was struggling with some of the songs and she kept coughing and clearing her throat between songs. Don't get me wrong she still sounded amazing - I'm not complaining - but when she announced she had to cancel the final two shows due to vocal damage, I can't say I was surprised. What I'm trying to say is, the cancellation was necessary - this is in no way a complaint about the show!

I am gutted for any fans who had tickets for the final two nights. As I am sure you would have loved the show. But I think we have to appreciate that Adele needs to protect and rest her voice.

Aside from the music, her personality is hilarious. She told a few funny stories, plenty of swearing, and even fired t-shirts out of a cannon. Other amazing things about the show were fireworks, kiss cam (thankfully I wasn't on that 😂) and dedicating 'Make You Feel My Love' to the victims of the Grenfell Tower fire.

To finish off her show she sang the final song, Someone Like You, and a classic black taxi drove into the stadium to pick her up right from the stage - now that is probably the most British way to leave a show - ever 😂.

Before leaving the stadium I picked up some of the confetti from the floor, and each piece has a personalised 'handwritten' message/lyric which I just think is the sweetest touch.

Would I like to see her again? Of course. Will I ever get the chance? Well, she has kinda announced she is unsure if she will tour again, so it's not looking likely. I'm just glad I finally got the chance to see her live after years of waiting.

It was the best day of my life!

I vlogged my trip to Adele - so check that out to see live performances!



---------------------------

Enjoy reading this blog? Make sure you follow on BlogLovin so you know when I publish something new!

Follow


British YouTuber, Vlogger & Blogger!

2 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
29 July 2017 at 05:46 delete

I'm really happy that you finally got to see Adele live in concert. Judging from what you wrote, the whole experience sounds wonderful.

Awesome write-up and stunning pictures as usual. (BlueSanns)

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
29 July 2017 at 08:13 delete

It really was the best day ever. And thank you very much 😊

Reply
avatar

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. Let me know what you thought in the comments!

Please make sure you do not post any mean or offensive comments. Thank you :)