Welcome

Hi there, It's me Mike. This is an online diary of my life. I write about; day trips & adventures, my life, my opinions (such as music & movies), plus plenty of other things - basically the sort of stuff you would write in a diary!

Follow My Blog :)

Follow

Homemade Fairground-style, Creme Egg, and Funfetti Donuts

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 12 Comments A+ a-


These mini donuts are ideal for a little treat. The classic childhood 'hot sugar fairground donut', an easter special 'creme egg donut', and Zoella inspired 'funfetti donut'. As well as a couple of other basic decorations.

I used this donut maker. This is not a paid promotion, I'm just letting you know in case you need to buy one, or if you already have a donut maker, cooking times may vary slightly. I'm using the recipe and instructions that came in the box.

Ingredients
  • 1.5 cups of plain flour
  • 0.5 cup of caster sugar
  • 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 0.5 teaspoon of salt
  • 125g of butter (soft)
  • 0.75 cup of milk
  • Icing sugar
  • Toppings (such as sprinkles, marshmallows and creme eggs)
Please note: This makes a really big batch. I made around 18 mini donuts and still had plenty of mixture left


Instructions
  • In a large bowl, stir the flour, caster sugar, baking powder, and salt to combine
  • Add butter, egg and milk and beat with an electric beater until mixture is thick, smooth and creamy

Cooking
  • Allow the donut maker to preheat. This usually takes 3-5mins
  • Lightly spray the cooking plates with oil to prevent the donuts from sticking
  • Put mixture into pan holes with a fabric piping bag, as this makes it easier to not cover the holes, but using a spoon will do. Please note; do not use a plastic piping bag as it may melt
  • Close the lid and lock the latch
  • Cook the donuts for 2-4 minutes, depending how golden you like them
  • Remove donuts with a wooden spatula. Do not use sharp metal objects as it may scratch off the non-stick coating
  • Allow the donuts to cool before decorating 

Decorating
You may need to remove excess donut around the edge and in the centre of the donut. Do this when they have cooled down to prevent damaging them. 

Fairground-Style
  • Pour caster sugar in a bowl. Simply dunk the donut into the sugar on both sides and around the edge. This can be done whilst the donuts are still warm 

Creme Egg
  • When the donut has cooled, cover with icing
  • Cut a mini creme egg in half, and place in the hole of the donut
  • Use the other half to scoop out the goo, and place around the donut (as pictured)
  • And with the remaining chocolate, crumble and sprinkle over the icing

Funfetti 
Funfetti donuts are simply sprinkles that are inside the donut, and can make a rainbow effect. I got this idea from Zoella, with her funfetti cupcakes 
  • With the left over mix, pour some into a cup (under half will make 4 of them)
  • Add sprinkles to the mix. Try to use really colourful ones (some are dull colours, but it doesn't give the same effect). You may need to add quite a lot of sprinkles for it to work
  • Stir them in, if needed add more sprinkles
  • Then follow the cooking instructions again

Basic Iced Donuts
  • When the donut has cooled, cover with icing, and add any toppings such as sprinkles, or micro marshmallows 


To finish off, we put them into mini cupcake cases - just to make them that little bit cuter



These were so cute, but more importantly, they tasted AMAZING!! I'm currently eating them as I'm writing this.
Look at me, making homemade pizza, now making mini cupcakes... I'm turning into a chef 😂

If you try these, please tweet me pictures (@Mike_Vlogs_YT)

---------------------------

Enjoy reading this blog? Make sure you follow on BlogLovin so you know when I publish something new!

Follow


British YouTuber, Vlogger & Blogger!

12 comments

Write comments
16 March 2017 at 08:39 delete

Loving all your recipes lately, Mike! The creme egg donut looks incredible! Thanks for explaining the recipe so clearly for us too!

Abbey ❤️ www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

Reply
avatar
Kerry
AUTHOR
16 March 2017 at 11:14 delete

I'll have them all please!!! You're putting me in a baking mood! xx

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
16 March 2017 at 12:16 delete

Thank you
The creme egg donuts were the best thing I've ever tasted

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
16 March 2017 at 12:17 delete

Sorry they are long gone haha, but you should definitely try making them

Reply
avatar
23 March 2017 at 21:01 delete

Omg these look so tasty! I really need to buy myself a doughnut maker. Those creme eggs ones would be amazing

Lauren | Lauren the Daydreamer

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
23 March 2017 at 21:39 delete

I can't get enough of the creme egg ones, they are SOOOO GOOD!!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
29 March 2017 at 18:03 delete

That was a fun blog to read, Mike. I clicked on the link not knowing where it would take me and then I saw the doughnut maker. I recognised it immediately as the one you had for Christmas. I was expecting to see some sort of deep fryer thingy lol.

They look great, and they look like a lot of fun to make. My favourite: sprinkles! (BlueSanns)

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
29 March 2017 at 22:37 delete

Thanks. My favourite has to be the creme egg ones!

Reply
avatar
RACHELXBLOG
AUTHOR
5 April 2017 at 00:46 delete

Oh these look yummy! Thanks for sharing :) x
Rachel | www.rachelxblog.com

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
5 April 2017 at 09:54 delete

They were!! Thanks for reading 😊

Reply
avatar

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. Let me know what you thought in the comments!

Please make sure you do not post any mean or offensive comments. Thank you :)