Welcome

Hi there, It's me Mike. This is an online diary of my life. I write about; day trips & adventures, my life, my opinions (such as music & movies), plus plenty of other things - basically the sort of stuff you would write in a diary!

Follow My Blog :)

Follow

Things I Want To Achieve in 2017 !

Sunday, January 01, 2017 16 Comments A+ a-


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

"New year, New start, New me" blah blah blah... everyone says that. These are the things I really want to achieve this year.

Tell My Family About My Blog & Channel
This is probably one of the biggest things on the list. Believe it or not, my family and friends still don't know about my blog or channel. By the end of this year I would like to have told them, even if I don't tell them the name, I would at least like them to be aware I make blogs and videos.

Reach 500 YouTube Subscribers
Normally I don't set goals like this at the start of the year - I normally wait til November-ish time and round up (e.g. 287, I would set a goal of 300), however, I thought there is no harm in having something to aim for. 500 subscribers would mean a lot to me. At the time of posting this I am on 310 subscribers - so 190 to go!
If you're new to my blog, maybe check out my channel?

Do More Vlogs
Daily vlogging (but not every single day, a bit like how Joe Sugg does it) looks so fun and is something I want to try, but it's kinda hard to vlog when my family and friends don't know about my channel. I'm not going to set a goal to do a certain number of vlogs because it really depends on how many interesting days I have, but I definitely want to make more.

Make A Collab Video
I know this doesn't sound like much but this is something I have wanted to do since creating my channel. I have anxiety so I can be awkward with new people, and get nervous when travelling. So a collab really sounds like a nightmare, however, it's something I really want to do.

Overcome Anxiety (EDIT: Get Help For My Anxiety) 
This one is a personal goal, rather than my YouTube or blog goals, like my others. Anxiety is something I don't really talk about much, I've mentioned it now and again, but I don't really go into the details of how it affects me. I would like to seek help for it and control the anxiety - rather than the anxiety control me. I know it's not going to be an overnight fix, I'm not expecting to no longer be affected, but getting help would be a step in the right direction.


Let me know your 2017 Goals in the comments!!

---------------------------

Enjoy reading this blog? Make sure you follow on BlogLovin so you know when I publish something new!

Follow


British YouTuber, Vlogger & Blogger!

16 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
1 January 2017 at 18:20 delete

Those are big goals to achieve Mike but I'm sure you can complete one of them at least, if not all. Of course, the order of importance is something only you can determine.
I'm not going to wish you luck, instead I'm going to wish you wisdom and strength, of which I'm sure you have plenty already but a little more won't go amiss.
All the best for this new year. (BlueSanns)

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
1 January 2017 at 18:25 delete

Thank you. I am going to work extra hard to achieve them.
Hope you have a great new year!!

Reply
avatar
1 January 2017 at 21:05 delete

Great goals Mike. Youtube I reckon you can achieve any be proud of your channel and blog they're great. You'll be surprised how your friends and family react, I am sure they will all subscribe and love reading/watching. My friends love my blog (so they say anyway haha).

As in the anxiety, I have suffered for the last 4 years, badly enough for me to go to the doctor. There is no shame is getting help, as I was told, if you broke your arm or leg you would get it seen to, your brain is the same. Here if you ever want to chat. xxx

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
1 January 2017 at 22:43 delete

Thank you so much the support 😊

Reply
avatar
Debra Bow
AUTHOR
2 January 2017 at 21:36 delete

I think that a lot of the resolutions you've wrote are very much achievable Mike. YOU CAN DO IT! We're all right here behind you, rooting for you! Good luck x

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
2 January 2017 at 22:28 delete

I hope so. Thank you very much 😊

Reply
avatar
Sian Reed
AUTHOR
3 January 2017 at 20:41 delete

Keep up the hard work and you'll achieve your goals! Overcoming anxiety is a never-ending cycle but trying to is the hardest part but it does get easier :)

Sian x
http://theenglisheverygirl.blogspot.co.uk/

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
3 January 2017 at 20:45 delete

I understand, I meant more get help with it... Even if that means Ive only had 1 appointment, it's a start

Reply
avatar
4 January 2017 at 22:13 delete

Great goals Mike! Good luck with achieving them all, especially with overcoming your anxiety!

Lauren | Lauren the Daydreamer

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
4 January 2017 at 22:31 delete

I hope so too, that would be amazing 😊

Reply
avatar
5 January 2017 at 01:14 delete

Great goals, i really hope you achieve them all! Good luck!

Reply
avatar
Maira Z
AUTHOR
5 January 2017 at 16:21 delete

Good luck on achieving your goals this year! I think it's great that you want to open up about your blogging to your friends and family. At the moment, my family know and are very supportive, but my friends do not. I'm not sure why I'm so afraid of letting them know, haha.

www.lovefrommaira.co.uk

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
5 January 2017 at 16:48 delete

same!! I don't have any reasons not to tell them, but for some reason I haven't haha

Reply
avatar
12 January 2017 at 17:59 delete

Sounds like you've got some really sensible goals here, Mike! I think a collab video would be a lot of fun to watch, so I really hope you're able to do it! I'm sure that seeking help for your anxiety will be a really positive step! Best of luck for 2017!

Abbey 😇 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

Reply
avatar

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. Let me know what you thought in the comments!

Please make sure you do not post any mean or offensive comments. Thank you :)