Welcome

Hi there, It's me Mike. This is an online diary of my life. I write about; day trips & adventures, my life, my opinions (such as music & movies), plus plenty of other things - basically the sort of stuff you would write in a diary!

Follow My Blog :)

Follow

Last Minute Christmas Shopping!

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 14 Comments A+ a-


Last Minute Christmas Shopping Trip!

The day started at 9 am - and if you know me that's early, really early for a day off. I needed to pick up the final few bits for Christmas - talk about leaving it last minute. I don't know why I do this every year. It makes everything rushed and start to panic if I've got something for everyone.

I would like to mention this is NOT a paid promotion or sponsored post.

We arrive, and everywhere was decorated for Christmas. Lot's of Christmas lights, a giant Christmas tree, there was even a train made out of Lego. My favourite has to be the 'rainbow heart tree' (I don't know if that's the official name, but it will do) it looks so pretty when it starts to get dark. Everyone kept walking in front of the camera so it was hard to get decent pictures, which was annoying 😠.

I love Christmas markets. They just put me in the festive spirit, and are just really nice. There weren't that many this year (but that could be because we've left it late and it's close to Christmas?) but they were still nice to look around. I loved the candy one, but I had to be good and resist temptation.

Looking around all the shops, as you would probably expect at Christmas time, there were crowds of people and long lines. Basically, every shop had a queue that was like a mile long (ok, a bit of exaggeration here). The queue for Lush was unbelievable, as soon as you walked through the door you were in the queue which went through and around the entire shop (literally, no exaggeration here) - you had to pick the things up as you went around in the queue.

I couldn't help myself but take a few snaps, I just love Lush presentation, it's so colourful. Plus, I needed something to do for this massive 40-minute queue.

This is where things start to get less festive...

The thing I hate most about shopping is... "Hiya, can I help you?" - especially if you keep getting asked - or as I call it "pestered". I understand they are doing their job, but if I needed them I would go up and ask. I was looking around one shop, got approached by a worker and my anxiety was set off because they asked: "Can I help you?". I started to get hot, sweaty and bothered - I ended up having to leave the shop.

After spending all day looking around the shops, towards the end of the day, I was starting to get impatient. Literally on my feet all day, starting to get tired, and hands starting to hurt from holding all the bags. I'm also quite a fast walker, so it's annoying when I get stuck behind slow walkers. I just felt like yelling "MOOOOOOOVVVVE!!".

After a long 8 hour day, we needed to sit down. We went to Pizza Hut for tea which was delicious. I'm boring so I just ordered a plain cheese & tomato pizza, my sister got a veggie one, and for dessert, we both ordered the brownie.

Finally, time to get the train home. Luckily it wasn't too crowded, so we managed to get seats - I don't think we could have coped standing after all that time.

Let me know in the comments... 
Have you left everything last minute, or been organised for Christmas?

---------------------------

Enjoy reading this blog? Make sure you follow on BlogLovin so you know when I publish something new!

Follow


British YouTuber, Vlogger & Blogger!

14 comments

Write comments
21 December 2016 at 19:19 delete

I've finished all my Christmas shopping already so I guess that makes me organised? Haha! I love Christmas markets too, and I can totally sympathise about how annoying it is when people get in the way of your photos!

Abbey 👾 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

Reply
avatar
21 December 2016 at 19:19 delete

Lovely post but a 40 minute queue is crazy!!

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
21 December 2016 at 19:25 delete

I've still got all the wrapping to do haha... But at least I've got all the presents now

As for the pictures, I do understand it was busy, but it can be annoying when someone walks right into the middle of the shot haha

Reply
avatar
21 December 2016 at 19:25 delete

I'm pretty organised this year, I'm all done!! :) also working in retail I always try to be nice to other shop workers, I always get told to engage with customers, we are told to make everyone welcome! Maybe not as much as Lush, but their only doing what they are told ahaha!!!!
Hope you had fun! xox

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
21 December 2016 at 19:25 delete

The queue honestly started as soon as you walked through the door haha... It was crazy

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
21 December 2016 at 19:28 delete

It wasn't Lush that pestered me, this was in another shop (maybe I should make that more clear in the post?)

I do understand they are doing their job, it's just my anxiety doesn't like it 😊 I'm still always polite though - no excuse for rudeness

Reply
avatar
22 December 2016 at 22:43 delete

I have been so unorganised this year, I still haven't finished my shopping! Really need to get a move on ha

Lauren | Lauren the Daydreamer

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
22 December 2016 at 22:44 delete

Yeah not long left at all... You might get some good last minute deals though haha 😊

Reply
avatar
Sian Reed
AUTHOR
24 December 2016 at 08:15 delete

Christmas shopping's been great for me as I've only had to buy for my mum and dad and I've been able to do that on my dinner breaks from work! Unfortunately at this time of year, every shop has a queue. That's why I tend to do all mine online! I'm sorry about the anxiety you felt when shop assistants approached you; in all of my previous jobs we've been told to greet people as they walk in!

Sian x
http://theenglisheverygirl.blogspot.co.uk/

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
24 December 2016 at 08:54 delete

Thats great!
Yeah it happens everywhere - I understand it's their job
And I think I might do mine online next year... It beats the queues, and I won't get staff asking me questions 😂

Reply
avatar
24 December 2016 at 15:23 delete

All my Christmas shopping is done thankfully, I start really early to avoid all of the rush as shopping in a wheelchair is usually a bad thing so at Christmas time it can be a lot worse. I love the train made out of lego, it must have taken them ages to make! 💜🎅🎄💫✨

With love, Alisha Valerie. x
www.AlishaValerie.com | www.twitter.com/AlishaValerie

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
24 December 2016 at 19:25 delete

Well, I am late in reading this one. Dang it!!! Sorry, please don't beat me (sad and worried face).
I didn't have to do much shopping but what I had to do was stressful. I got it done though and I have till 11.00am tomorrow to wrap it lol. I used to hate staff coming up to me and asking 'Can I help you?' but I have grown immune to it. It really doesn't put me off anymore. You will too, eventually.
I love all the pictures and everything. Well done! (BlueSanns)

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
24 December 2016 at 20:38 delete

Imagine if they made a mistake and only realised at the end and had to start the train all over again

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
24 December 2016 at 20:40 delete

The fact you even read my posts I am grateful for, so I'm not going to complain you are a few days "late". Thank you 😊

Reply
avatar

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. Let me know what you thought in the comments!

Please make sure you do not post any mean or offensive comments. Thank you :)