Welcome

Hi there, It's me Mike. This is an online diary of my life. I write about; day trips & adventures, my life, my opinions (such as music & movies), plus plenty of other things - basically the sort of stuff you would write in a diary!

Follow My Blog :)

Follow

2016 Resolutions - Did I Keep To Them?

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 16 Comments A+ a-


At the start of 2016, I set myself some resolutions. It's time to look back and see if I kept to them.

My resolutions were...

Keep working hard on my Blog & YouTube Channel
I would say overall this was a success. Yes, there have been times where I have barely uploaded, but that was a combination of Creators Block, and my family not knowing about my channel. I did originally state "working hard doesn't mean not missing an upload" because there is so much more to it than that.
I agree I could work harder by adding captions to my videos - maybe that's something I should start doing?

Keep in contact with friends
No. There is not another way to put this, I failed this one. Distance is an issue (they are at uni, and I'm still at home), however, that is no excuse. I could send them more messages and arrange to do things when they are back in the area - something I've barely done. However, we are arranging to meet after Christmas which is nice.

Be healthier
I never meant to turn into a health and fitness guru, I just meant reduce the amount of bad foods I eat. It didn't really go to plan... let's not talk about this one 😂

Drink more
This is a hard one to evaluate because it really does vary. Some days I drink plenty, other days I don't drink much. I would say I'm probably no better, but no worse than I was before.

Drink less fizzy drinks
This one started really well. I stuck to mostly flavoured water and juices, and I actually enjoyed it. Of course occasionally I would have a fizzy drink, but for the most part, I had water. However, notice where I said, "started really well". Things took a turn for the worse, and now I drink a lot of fizzy drinks again.

Early nights
Again, this one started really well. I would always be in bed before midnight, and gradually over time, it slipped to 12.30, 1.00, and now the midnight thing isn't really a thing anymore. However recently (the past couple of weeks) I have been trying to get back into this routine.

Keep my room tidy
I am fully aware my room isn't the tidiest out there... it definitely is not a showroom. However, I would say it's tidy enough. My room is small, so I do have to make the most of the rather limited space I have.


Overall
There is a common trend - I started really well. But let's be honest, I don't think anyone actually sticks to their new year resolutions so I doubt I am alone.

Did you stick to your New Year Resolutions? Let me know in the comments!

---------------------------

Enjoy reading this blog? Make sure you follow on BlogLovin so you know when I publish something new!

Follow


British YouTuber, Vlogger & Blogger!

16 comments

Write comments
28 December 2016 at 18:31 delete

Great blog Mike. I don't usually read blogs but I might start doing so as I really enjoyed this one! Keep it up <3

Reply
avatar
28 December 2016 at 18:40 delete

I understand what you mean by the distance with friends. My best friend moved to America a couple of years ago and it's so hard keeping in touch with her sometimes but I know she is always there for me whenever I need her. Drinking less fizzy drinks was a goal of mine too and I'm very happy to say I have stuck to it and hardly drank any fizzy drinks at all this year apart from the odd one. It was lovely to see which goals you kept too and it's okay not to keep to your goals sometimes too so you should be proud of yourself either way. 🎀💜💫✨

With love, Alisha Valerie. x
www.AlishaValerie.com | www.twitter.com/AlishaValerie

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
28 December 2016 at 18:57 delete

Thanks Naomi. Would be great to see you again 😊

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
28 December 2016 at 18:58 delete

Thanks for the positivity haha. I was doing really well with them all, but suddenly everything went downhill... Oh well 😊

Reply
avatar
Sian Reed
AUTHOR
29 December 2016 at 09:36 delete

Resolutions and goals are so tricky sometimes. Unexpected things can happen but as long as you're on track, it doesn't matter when you achieve them. Fitness/food are always an area of improvement for most people anyway and I know that I haven't done my best in that area either this year! Here's to us kicking 2017's butt!

Sian x
http://theenglisheverygirl.blogspot.co.uk/

Reply
avatar
31 December 2016 at 18:05 delete

Haha I think it's absolutely impossible to stick to your resolutions 100% but you did a really good job! I'm a bit of a nightmare at keeping in touch with people, especially if they live further away! I set myself a couple of goals, rather than resolutions, one was to do yoga or meditation which I actually have kept up with so I'm quite proud of myself !!!

Great post lovely :)

Izzy | www.ADoseOfChatter.com

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
31 December 2016 at 19:25 delete

Oooh well done !! 😊

Reply
avatar
1 January 2017 at 08:57 delete

LOL this made me chuckle. Everyone starts off doing well.. Last year I promised myself I would eat healthy and yesterday I was stuffing Bakewell tarts and cookies in my mouth to get rid of them for today.. haha xxx great post xxx

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
1 January 2017 at 16:00 delete

Hahaha. Thank you. Hope you had a happy new year 😊

Reply
avatar
Tiffany
AUTHOR
1 January 2017 at 18:08 delete

It's good that you've been honest! No point lying to yourself, some things are out of your control like keeping in touch with friends, let's not talk about the being healthier 😂

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
1 January 2017 at 18:13 delete

Definitely!! Thanks for taking the time to read the post :)

Reply
avatar
3 January 2017 at 11:06 delete

Good job at sticking to your goals, its okay not to have stuck to a few!!!
Also I feel like as I get older I find it harder to keep in touch with people :( xox

Reply
avatar
4 January 2017 at 22:12 delete

You made a great attempt at your resolutions so good job Mike! And I totally get what you mean about distance with friends, it's just so hard to make the time and effort sometimes!

Lauren | Lauren the Daydreamer

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
4 January 2017 at 22:30 delete

Yeah it can be, especially when they are busy with uni and stuff 😊 thanks for reading

Reply
avatar

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. Let me know what you thought in the comments!

Please make sure you do not post any mean or offensive comments. Thank you :)