Welcome

Hi there, It's me Mike. This is an online diary of my life. I write about; day trips & adventures, my life, my opinions (such as music & movies), plus plenty of other things - basically the sort of stuff you would write in a diary!

Follow My Blog :)

Follow

Halloween Candy Gift Ideas

Saturday, October 29, 2016 16 Comments A+ a-


Since Halloween is around the corner, I thought I would share some simple candy gift ideas that you could easily create yourself, or cheat and go to a local candy store to make them for you. Some of these would look great for Halloween parties, and some would be ideal for trick or treaters (it would definitely be a treat).

I would like to mention this is NOT a paid promotion or sponsored post.

Candy Pumpkin

This is definitely Halloween party only - no trick or treaters. This would look fantastic on the table with all the other party food - it just looks AMAZING.

This one would be tricky to make yourself, so I would probably stick to the shop. I think the price was around £20, so it is quite pricey for what it is (I'm sure there would be cheaper versions or alternatives), but it does look amazing. Is it worth it? Well that would really depend on your budget.

Chocolate Hampers

Not so keen on candy? This one would be perfect - Chocolate! These display hampers were large, so personally I would display these for the Halloween party. However, if you wanted to give to the trick or treaters, you could have the take one policy, or use smaller hampers.

This is an easy one to make yourself, just get a basket, or even better, a Halloween themed one (like a pumpkin bucket), and put in your favourite chocolates, or a variety of chocolate bars. This can be done relatively inexpensive, but it depends on the type of chocolate you use, and the size of the bars. The ones displayed in the picture were £25 and £30 (but I'm sure smaller options would be available).

Classic Candy Bags

Keep it simple, candy in a bag! Perfect to give out at the end of a halloween party, or to give to the trick or treaters. You can put one type of candy per bag (like displayed), or create a pic n mix variety.

If you were to create your own candy bags, this could be done super cheap if you buy a whole tub of penny sweets from a supplier. If you buy pre-made ones, it would vary from about £1-£3 per bag depending on the type of candy you choose.

Candy Buckets

(Candy bucket pictured far left, and bottom right)

This one would look great on the table with all the other party food, or a nice display for the trick or treaters if you have a take one policy.

If you are wanting to create this yourself it can be done easily with a pumpkin bucket, and a variety of cheap candies displayed inside. If you go to the store the price really would depend on the size of the bucket/how much candy inside the bucket, and the type of candy inside. I think the ones displayed were around £10 - £15 each.

Popcorn

Another alternative for people who don't like candy. And popcorn is a relatively healthy option too. Also there are a variety of flavours available, so it doesn't have to be boring. You could pour them into Halloween themed bowls (don't forget to label the flavours) to display for the Halloween party.

These were priced from £1.25 per tub, and it was a decent sized tub, so I think its quite a good price.


The photos in this blog post were all taken by me. I just went in the shop for a quick look, and was just amazed by all the candy gifts they had (including Christmas and Birthday ones too). I just had to take some pictures. The staff didn't tell me off though so I guess its ok?

Have you got any plans for Halloween? Let me know in the comments :)

---------------------------

Enjoy reading this blog? Make sure you follow on BlogLovin so you know when I publish something new!

Follow


British YouTuber, Vlogger & Blogger!

16 comments

Write comments
30 October 2016 at 10:38 delete

As a veggie I have to be really careful on what I buy for Halloween because A LOT of the sweets and candy contain animal fat or animal bones. This post is great for some tips on things to buy, thanks for sharing! 💖💜💙

With love, Alisha Valerie. x
www.AlishaValerie.com || www.twitter.com/AlishaValerie

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
30 October 2016 at 11:20 delete

True! My sister is a veggie and it really limits what she can have

Thanks for reading 😊

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
30 October 2016 at 12:28 delete

OMG Mike - I love the photographs!!!!!

I have learnt from the Blog. I thought Halloween Candy was just something cheap and cheerful that you threw at kids. This is a real eye-opener. I want everything I see but if I had to pick just one thing, right now, it would be the Galaxy chocolate hamper. I'm in the mood for that, right now! (BlueSanns)

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
30 October 2016 at 13:17 delete

I love how you say "throw at kids" haha
I was like a massive kid in that sweetshop, everything looked so nice

Reply
avatar
31 October 2016 at 01:20 delete

Ooh my goodness those flavoured popcorn things look amazing, where did you take that photo? Such a fun post idea, although now I'm really craving loads of sweets Hahah!

Lots of love Izzy | www.ADoseOfChatter.com

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
31 October 2016 at 08:34 delete

Just in a candy shop in my local town. And yeah i wanted to buy a bit of everything- it all looked so good

Reply
avatar
31 October 2016 at 23:35 delete

These are all great gifts! Now I'm craving chocolates haha Happy Halloween!

Reply
avatar
Hannah
AUTHOR
31 October 2016 at 23:41 delete

Love the pop corn idea so much! Great post x www.hannahscloud9.com

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
1 November 2016 at 08:02 delete

Hahahaha.... sorry 😊

Reply
avatar
rachelXblog
AUTHOR
1 November 2016 at 15:23 delete

Fab post mike and some really good ideas! I didn't get to celebrate Halloween this year as I was stuck working but this post has got me fancying some popcorn so I'm gonna whizz to shop and buy some lol!

Rachel X
www.rachelxblog.com

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
1 November 2016 at 17:27 delete

I didn't really do much. We got no trick or treaters either... so i got to eat all the candy haha

& enjoy the popcorn

Thanks for reading 😊

Reply
avatar
Sian Reed
AUTHOR
1 November 2016 at 20:04 delete

You had me hooked at candy! I have such a sweet tooth, although I'm on a new fitness regime so I probably shouldn't say that! I tend to go for the classic candy bags such as gummy sweets and boiled sweets. I used to make those sort of Christmas hampers and they're pretty easy to make and usually cheaper than buying them pre-made! I'm glad I don't live near a store like this though because I'd a) never have any money and b) be the size of a house! Great post Mike!

Sian x
http://theenglisheverygirl.blogspot.co.uk/

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
1 November 2016 at 21:18 delete

Yeah its definitely cheaper to make them yourself - and quite easy too.

Thanks Sian 😊

Reply
avatar
2 November 2016 at 13:28 delete

Such good ideas here, Mike! I am a big fan of chocolate hampers, they make great presents any time of year, especially at Halloween and Christmas! I'm sure you could make your own versions containing all the favourite treats of the person you're giving the gift to as well! I have never seen as many flavours of popcorn as in the photo that you posted, strawberry and coconut toffee popcorn sound amazing! Thank you for sharing this!

Abbey 🌷 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
2 November 2016 at 17:20 delete

Hampers are a good idea, especially if you don't know what to get someone.

And nor did I. I didn't know there was that many varieties of popcorn

Thanks for reading Abbey 😊

Reply
avatar

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. Let me know what you thought in the comments!

Please make sure you do not post any mean or offensive comments. Thank you :)