Welcome

Hi there, It's me Mike. This is an online diary of my life. I write about; day trips & adventures, my life, my opinions (such as music & movies), plus plenty of other things - basically the sort of stuff you would write in a diary!

Follow My Blog :)

Follow

Interview With Tom Birdsey!

Wednesday, July 06, 2016 2 Comments A+ a-


Interview with Tom Birdsey (YouTuber)

First of all, can you describe what your channel is about?
My channel, It’s Me Birdsey, is a Vlogging channel where I post vlogs on days out, tag videos, challenges and other IRL videos. It’s mainly just a channel where I can have fun and be creative in my free time.

What made you start making videos on YouTube?
Two main things, being creative and watching thousands of hours of videos. I started watching YouTube videos for a few hours each day back in 2011. I invested lots of time into watching my favourite creators on the site and really, I just wanted to grab a camera, be creative and film videos.

Does your family know about your channel? How did they react?
All of my family know about my videos on YouTube. I always wanted them to know about it and as I said above, I wanted to make videos before I actually started making videos. They knew that I had a passion for YouTube and for making films. They were all very happy and supportive when I started posting on YouTube.

What is your favourite thing about making videos?
My favourite thing has to be sharing the videos I make with my supporters. I love seeing other people engaging with my channel and enjoying the content that I produce. It makes me extremely happy when I get nice comments or nice direct messages on Twitter. It really inspires me to make more videos!

... And is there anything you don't like?
The time it takes to render and upload videos. It’s such a pain having to wait for hours just to get your videos out. Also, if you want to increase the quality, for example making videos in 4K, you have to put up with hour long uploads. But its totally worth waiting for!

What has been the best moment so far?
The best moment has to be hitting 100 subscribers! Every content creator knows that the first 100 subscribers are the hardest ones to get on YouTube. Even though hitting 150 was special, seeing the subscriber count turn into three digits is a great experience and something that I don't take for granted.

Have you got any advice for people wanting to start their own channel?
Start right this second….well actually read the rest of the blog post first and then do it (haha thanks Tom)! If you wait then you will regret it. Start now and keep a consistent upload schedule. For example, I aim to post every Saturday. If you are consistent then your viewers will know that you will be posting soon and this will help you to grow an audience.

Share a couple of facts about yourself...
I really enjoy travelling and have travelled to places like America, Germany, Spain, France and Belgium. Although, I love travelling I don't get to do it that often and I've only been to 4% of the world. But on the bright side, I’ve got 96% of the world left to explore!

What are your hobbies and what do you do in your spare time?
In my spare time I game and play football for a 5-a-side football team called The Milkmen. (Don’t ask!) A massive chunk of my personal time is spent making videos for my YouTube channel or working on Short Films for my portfolio.

Who are your favourite YouTubers to watch?
I watch a variety of YouTubers. My favourite channel at the moment is Casey Neistat. Casey is one of the best daily vloggers on YouTube. Also, I love watching The Sidemen. The Sidemen are a group of gaming YouTubers from England. I grew up watching their videos and I still watch every single video that they put onto YouTube.

Plus don't forget to
Subscribe to Toms YouTube
Follow Tom on Twitter

---------------------------

Enjoy reading this blog? Make sure you follow on BlogLovin so you know when I publish something new!

Follow

British YouTuber, Vlogger & Blogger!

2 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
6 July 2016 at 19:53 delete

Another really good interview, Mike. I must admit, I hadn't heard of Tom Birdsey before but as a result of reading this, I will check out his YouTube channel.

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
6 July 2016 at 19:56 delete

Thank you!! You really should checkout his channel, he is one of my fav small youtubers

Reply
avatar

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. Let me know what you thought in the comments!

Please make sure you do not post any mean or offensive comments. Thank you :)