Welcome

Hi there, It's me Mike. This is an online diary of my life. I write about; day trips & adventures, my life, my opinions (such as music & movies), plus plenty of other things - basically the sort of stuff you would write in a diary!

Follow My Blog :)

Follow

Interview With Gregor Milne!

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 4 Comments A+ a-


I can't quite believe I am getting this opportunity. I am interviewing one of my favourite YouNow Broadcasters - with over 20,000 fans - Gregor Milne.


Let me tell you a little bit about him. His name is Gregor, he is 15, and he is from Scotland. He Live Broadcasts nearly everyday on YouNow, and he also uploads videos on YouTube. 

If you've never heard of him before, I highly recommend you checkout his live shows on YouNow, he is one of my favourite broadcasters and is such a nice guy!

This is Gregors first Interview - and is an Exclusive Interview to my Blog! I never thought I'd be saying that haha. I would like to thank Gregor so much for taking part!

First of all, explain what YouNow is, and what you do, for those who don't already know...
YouNow is a live broadcasting site (& app) where you can do almost anything and have an audience watching you live. Imagine YouTube but in a live atmosphere where you can interact with the broadcaster, support and enjoy their life and personality.

What was your first ever broadcast like?
My first broadcast was awesome. It was chilled, kind of confusing but extremely fun. I didn't really know what to do. I had 3 viewers and one of them still watches me now! I started my time on younow by playing guitar and writing songs for my viewers!

How did your parents react when you told them about broadcasting on YouNow?
At first they found it cool that I was doing something productive in my spare time. Instead of watching people, people were watching me. But as it went on they realised I was growing quite fast and they started to show concern. Now they watch my broadcasts regularly and keep an eye of it all.

What is your favourite thing about broadcasting?

My favourite thing about broadcasting is the fact that it's live. The live atmosphere makes it feel more personal with your viewers. You can communicate with them as the broadcast goes on. It's really awesome

... And is there anything you don't like?
The thing I dislike about broadcasting is that my wifi is a willyface. It's a live environment and it's expected to not work all the time but it is extremely frustrating when your broadcast doesn't work due to your wifi being slow.

Can you tell us how it felt when you got accepted as a YouNow Partner?
When I got accepted as a partner I almost cried! I screamed and told all my friends it was an amazing moment for me. Me sitting in my room doing nothing and to be noticed for it and paid is quite amazing

What has been your best moment so far?
My best moment on younow so far has to be the whole thing. I've been broadcasting daily for around 5 months now and it's been the most awesome time of my life ever. I would love to do this for as long as I can before people get bored of me.

Have you got any tips for those wanting to start broadcasting on YouNow?

The first thing I say to everyone who wants to start is...
  1. Don't give a sugar and spice ball about what anyone thinks.
  2. Be yourself
  3. Don't sit there and be boring... Give your audience a more energetic funny interesting version of yourself.

Share a couple of facts about yourself...

A few facts... 
  • I am a massive fan of musical theatre and I've been doing it for five years now. It's definitely something I'd like to do in the future. 
  • I play guitar and piano and I enjoy singing and one day would love to take my guitar and busk in many different countries around the world.

You also make videos on YouTube... but IF you had to give one up (either YouTube or YouNow) which would you choose and why?

This is a super hard one because I watched YouTube for many years before I found YouNow. Infact I only found younow on Christmas Day 2015. But saying all that I started my social networking career on YouNow and I love doing it. So I'll drop YouTube and keep YouNow
Don't worry... this is a completely hypothetical scenario!

What are your hobbies and what do you do in your spare time?
In my spare time I enjoy going to the gym, writing music, playing music, broadcasting of course, sleeping and enjoying life. I try to always do something everyday but I don't have that great of a social life

Who do you watch on YouNow & YouTube?
On YouTube I enjoy watching YouTubers such as 'Caspar Lee' and 'Joe Weller'. On YouNow I like watching 'GotDamnZo'.

Plus don't forget to
Checkout Gregor on YouNow
Subscribe to Gregor on YouTube
Follow Gregor on Twitter

---------------------------

Enjoy reading this blog? Make sure you follow on BlogLovin!

Follow

British YouTuber, Vlogger & Blogger!

4 comments

Write comments
1 June 2016 at 18:05 delete

I'm glad to see you're back Mike!! I missed having your blog posts to read!!

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
1 June 2016 at 18:53 delete

Thank you! I've been missing making them, and I'm glad you enjoyed this one! 😊

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
2 June 2016 at 23:07 delete

This is a Great Blog Post. How did you manage to get an interview with this guy? Must have took some wheeling and dealing lol. Found it really interesting and I will have to check his YouTube Channel Out.
May I add, the layout of this post is very professional. In fact all of it is very professional!
These interview type Blogs are such a good idea, Mike. Well Done! (BlueSanns)

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
2 June 2016 at 23:12 delete

I am so shocked he agreed to take part, but he is an amazing guy!!
Glad you are enjoying the interview series because I've got more coming up over the next few months :)

Reply
avatar

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. Let me know what you thought in the comments!

Please make sure you do not post any mean or offensive comments. Thank you :)