Welcome

Hi there, It's me Mike. This is an online diary of my life. I write about; day trips & adventures, my life, my opinions (such as music & movies), plus plenty of other things - basically the sort of stuff you would write in a diary!

Follow My Blog :)

Follow

My First Phone

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 2 Comments A+ a-


I got my first phone when I was 11. I thought I would write about is because I bet a lot of people got a new phone for Christmas, and I wanted to show you how much technology has changed over the years. Most people didn't even have a touchscreen phone at the time. That is almost unbelievable because it wasn't even 10 years ago, and now every phone is touchscreen.

So my first phone was a Sony Ericsson w350i and I absolutely loved it. If you gave that phone to an 11 yearold today they would call it complete trash, but at the time that was a really good phone - but it's hard to imagine that now. Sadly I dropped it and the flip part of the phone snapped off - but it did still work. Soon after I then got a Sony Ericsson w595.

w595

w350i












Look at them... Imagine having a phone life that now!

I didn't get my first smartphone until around age 14. My first smartphone was a HTC Desire S. Since then I've had a Samsung Galaxay S3, LG G3 and my current phone (which I absolutely love) Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. They have all been android phones but I'm not an Apple hater - I still consider iPhones when buying a new phone.

Nowadays a phone is much more than a phone. They can play games, go  on the internet, take good quality photos & videos and some phones can even recognise your fingerprint. A phone is like our daily assistant, and for must people their phone is with them from the first thing in the morning to the last thing at night. Technology has come so far in such as a short space of time, and it really fascinates me.

However you could argue that smartphones are downgrades in some areas. Such as;

Price
Smartphones can be so expensive. If you get the top spec iPhone it can cost you nearly £800. That is crazy. Of course there are budget smartphones available, but when I got my first phone around £150 would have got you one of the best phones available. I know smartphones can do so much more, so the price increase is justified, but it is a big price difference.

Durability
Back when I was a kid if you dropped your phone it was usually fine. In fact there is a joke (which I am sure you have heard of) that old Nokia phones are so strong if you drop them your phone doesn't break, but the surface it lands on does. They are indestructible. However if you drop your smartphone you are really lucky if it doesn't shatter.

Battery Life
The other main problem with Smartphones is battery life. Most smartphones can barely last a day. Compare this to my first phone it could go weeks without needing to charge, easy. Then again we use and can do so much more with smartphones I suppose it would be unreasonable to expect battery life anywhere near that - but we can dream back to 'the good old days' (I feel old typing that).

Comment below what your first phone was!

*please note the images used are not my own. All credit goes to the original creators.

British YouTuber, Vlogger & Blogger!

2 comments

Write comments
Jemma Houkes
AUTHOR
21 January 2016 at 16:35 delete

I got my first phone when i was 11 too and I had the same one as you! I can't even imagine using it now.. so funny! Great post!

Jemma | jemmas-simple-life.com

Reply
avatar
MikeVlogsYT
AUTHOR
21 January 2016 at 16:39 delete

Oh really?? I loved that phone

Reply
avatar

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. Let me know what you thought in the comments!

Please make sure you do not post any mean or offensive comments. Thank you :)