Welcome

Hi there, It's me Mike. This is an online diary of my life. I write about; day trips & adventures, my life, my opinions (such as music & movies), plus plenty of other things - basically the sort of stuff you would write in a diary!

Follow My Blog :)

Follow

Blogmas Day 23 - Our Christmas Day Menu

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

For Blogmas 2015 I will be posting every single day until Christmas, so make sure you are part of the festive fun and come back everyday!


2 Days

OUR CHRISTMAS DAY MENU

Now I don't know about you, but Christmas is not Christmas without a traditional Christmas Dinner.(How many times do I want to say the word Christmas in one sentence?). 

My family has Christmas Dinner at a restaurant (yes, it is actually open on Christmas Day) and we have done that for the past few years. Yes, that does mean other families are there too, however the tables are usually spread out so you don't really notice that much.

We did used to cook Christmas Dinner at home, or at my Nan & Grandads house, however we didn't like that someone was stuck in the kitchen all day and had the stress of cooking for the entire family. We don't have to worry about other things like, is there enough room at the dining table? or, do we have enough plates, knives and forks? It also means we have no washing up which is an added bonus. I think it's really nice because then we all get to relax at the table and spend more time together. Basically it makes our day much more enjoyable.

We get to choose from a menu, and then when we have to book our meals in advance so the restaurant knows what food to order in, and how many people to cater for. 

Anyway, I'm going to tell you what I'm having for Christmas and what some of the options are.

STARTERS
  • Tomato Bruschetta 
  • Mushroom & Sherry Soup
  • Prawn Cocktail
  • Pork Pate
  • Garlic Dough Balls
  • Chicken Strips
  • Tomato Soup

MAINS
  • A choice of; Turkey, Gammon or Beef. 
All come with
  • A choice of; Roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, Mash potato, Red cabbage, Peas, Brussels sprouts, Cauliflower cheese, Sausages, Stuffing, Gravy
Or for vegetarians
  • Vegetable Wellington
  • Tomato Pasta

DESSERTS
  • Christmas Pudding
  • Salted Caramel Brownie
  • Caramel Apple Pie
  • Orange Chocolate Sundae 
  • Ice cream Scoops

As you can see we get quite a choice. But I'm a super fussy eater so I don't want half that stuff. I'll be ordering... Either doughballs or chicken strips for my starter. Turkey with roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings and sausages (Yes, I really do not have gravy) for my main. And probably a scoop of ice cream for dessert.


British YouTuber, Vlogger & Blogger!

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. Let me know what you thought in the comments!

Please make sure you do not post any mean or offensive comments. Thank you :)