Welcome

Hi there, It's me Mike. This is an online diary of my life. I write about; day trips & adventures, my life, my opinions (such as music & movies), plus plenty of other things - basically the sort of stuff you would write in a diary!

Follow My Blog :)

Follow

Autumn Is Dull

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-


I went out to the shop the other day. No I'm not writing about my visit to the shop, I am writing about the weather. It was absolutely awful. The shop is literally about a 2 minute walk away from my house and by the time I got there I was drenched.

This made me think about Autumn. I think Autumn is probably the worst season out of all of them. I don't mind Spring because the weather is starting to get nicer and colourful plants are starting to grow. I don't mind Summer because you get nice, hot, sunny weather (well in the UK this is a bit of exaggeration, but we do get some sun at least). And I don't mind winter so much because snow is a bit more fun and exciting than rain. But I am going to tell you the reasons why I hate Autumn so much.




Dull & Dark
When I wake up in the morning - its dark. When I come back home - its dark. I never get to spend anytime in daylight. Even in the middle of the day the sky is a boring, dull, grey. Now this isn't exactly a problem, but at the same time I don't expect it to be getting dark at around 4pm.

The Weather
Is always raining or freezing cold. It is very rare you get a sunny or pleasant day. Because Autumn is the transition from summer to winter it can also make it an awkward for deciding what to wear. Just because the weather looks decent in the morning, doesn't mean it will be like that in the afternoon. So you need to be prepared for any kind of weather.

Strong Wind Storms
Autumn can have very strong wind storms that cause disruption and a mess. Now storms aren't exactly limited to Autumn, but I have noticed over the past couple of weeks really strong wind storms. So bad I can actually hear it at night. It makes everything in the garden fall over, and in some cases it can cause damage to property. It can also make it difficult to walk or drive, and it makes your hair look like an absolute mess (however at least that means you don't need to style it in the morning).

Dead Plants
All of the tree's are starting to lose their leaves, and all the plants are starting to shrivel up and die. It makes autumn very dull. The only colour you get is the orange from the crunchy leaves, and green from the evergreen plants. Everything else is dead. However it can be fun to stand on the crunchy leaves.

Leaves Everywhere
Tree's losing their leaves leads me on to my next problem. Leaves get everywhere. So it makes everywhere look a mess. Plus you also don't know whats under these leaves, so when you are walking on a public pavement you have to be double careful not to stand in dog poo (eeewwww).

Is there anything I like about Autumn?
Well Autumn isn't exactly terrible. I'm complaining about little things really. I am just saying that personally I think the other seasons are better overall, of course each have advantages and disadvantages. Comment below what your least favourite season is!

British YouTuber, Vlogger & Blogger!

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. Let me know what you thought in the comments!

Please make sure you do not post any mean or offensive comments. Thank you :)