Welcome

Hi there, It's me Mike. This is an online diary of my life. I write about; day trips & adventures, my life, my opinions (such as music & movies), plus plenty of other things - basically the sort of stuff you would write in a diary!

Follow My Blog :)

Follow

Christmas Is Coming

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

Now you are either going to love me or hate me for saying this, but it is nearly Christmas!!

The day santa is coming down your chimney is getting closer and closer!!! And you can tell Christmas is coming because...

The cold weather
One of the main things that tell you Christmas is near is the weather. In the UK we don't have amazing weather during the summer, but it is definitely warmer than it is now. It is starting to get to the time of year where you need jumpers & blankets to keep warm - in fact I have made a Winter Essentials video which you can watch here.

Shorter days & longer nights
Its staying darker for longer. So now you wake up in the morning and its dark, and you get back from school or work and its dark. The only daylight you see is looking through the window and seeing other people enjoy the daylight. Personally I don't like it being dark because it confuses me what time it is, it feels like it should be a different time. What I mean is, I wake up and think the time must be around 5am because it is dark outisde, but actually it is 7.30am, or in the evening I think it must be nearly 9pm and it is not even 7pm yet - and this can get annoying (I hope I'm not the only person who does this haha).

Dead plants
The tree's leaves are going brown and are starting to fall off the trees. The summer plants are starting to die. There are basically no plants around. The only living plants you often see are 'Evergreens' which stay green all year round.

The sniffles & colds
Nearly everyone has a cold at this time of year, and if you haven't had one yet you probably will very soon. Even though a cold is not a serious illness, you can still feel really ill from them which just makes it feel even worse. It's always a good idea to carry a packet of tissues with you.

Christmas adverts
From TV ads to magazines, billboards to radio stations, everywhere you look there are Christmas adverts. I really like Christmas adverts, especially the really long ones that have a really lovely message in them.

Christmas decorations
No I don't mean its time to put up your Christmas tree just yet. I mean every shop you walk into has some kind of Christmas decoration for sale. But if you're anything like me, I just pull out last years decorations.

Christmas music
Shops are starting to play Christmas music, and it just puts you in the Christmas spirit. I don't really have a favourite Christmas song, but I like all of the classics. I do kinda wish a decent and new Christmas song would come out though.

Christmas movies
Christmas movies are starting to come on the TV too, and just like the Christmas songs, the movies also put you in the Christmas spirit. I think it is really nice to sit together as a family and watch your favourite Christmas films.

British YouTuber, Vlogger & Blogger!

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. Let me know what you thought in the comments!

Please make sure you do not post any mean or offensive comments. Thank you :)